The Direct Channel Sales Specialist is responsible for providing unparalleled customer-focused service for our two proprietary brands—Deer Creek Cheese and Apollo’s Gift Lactose Free Cheese—to specialty cheese shops, restaurants, co-ops, wineries, breweries, and e-commerce customers. In this new position, the Specialist will have the autonomy to manage and grow this up-and-coming sector of our business by ensuring that all sales efforts are taken care of in a timely and professional manner, as well as actively searching for and securing new business opportunities. This is a 32 hour per week position with flexible hours based in our new corporate office in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
Direct Channel Sales Specialist Job Duties
- Managing and growing our direct to cheese shop, restaurant, co-op, winery, brewery, and e-commerce business segments.
- Invoicing, fulfilling, and packing/shipping orders.
- Monitoring and managing sample inventory, and packing/shipping samples for office.
- Traveling to a local third party warehouse facility to monitor inventory levels and bring inventory to office shipping facility, as well as packing and shipping larger orders to customers.
- Organizing the movement of product between other third party warehouse facilities.
- Maintaining FIFO inventory control and records, and participating in physical inventories of product, samples, and supplies.
- Maintaining customer information in CRM database.
- Resolving customer issues, verifying stock, and ensuring adequate inventory and sample levels.
- Working with specialty cheese shops, restaurants, co-ops, wineries, and breweries on cheese selection, education, assortment, tastings, pairings, events, and more.
- Accurately accounting for sales, invoices, promotional activities, etc.
Direct Channel Sales Specialist Qualifications
Must be highly organized with a strong attention to accuracy and detail. Maintaining professionalism and customer-centric service is essential. This includes excellent phone and written communication skills, effective time management skills, and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel. Must have valid driver’s license, car, and be able to lift boxes up to 50 pounds.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Retail, or related field.
- 2+ years experience in fast-paced e-commerce, sales, or distribution environment, preferably in the cheese, beverage, or food industry. Certified Cheese Professional preferred, but not necessary.
- Ability to work independently while working closely with others in the company to ensure constant communication and efficient, accurate follow through.
Who We Are
The Artisan Cheese Exchange is the export arm for many of the United States’s top cheesemakers, delivering their cheeses throughout the world. In addition, we have created two proprietary brands, Deer Creek award-winning, exceptional cheeses and Apollo’s Gift 100% lactose free cheese. Please visit our websites to learn more—cheese-exchange.com, deercreekcheese.com, and apollosgift.com
Our Team Enjoys
- Healthcare insurance, paid vacation, and sick days
- Free cheese and cheese tastings, free parking, relaxed dress code
- Paid professional development days
- Fun, friendly office atmosphere in our new open-concept office in Sheboygan
- Free Deer Creek T-shirt and Deer Creek hat
- Opportunity to manage your own segment of the business alongside other hardworking, supportive, intelligent coworkers in a work hard, play hard environment
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.